Friday File: #4 for Gaviria and I thought shit I've done something

Bennett on to beating Majka by 35secs.
photo: Bryn Lennon




Joe Dibben won the sixth stage ITT around Big Bear Lake and Kiwi George Bennett took over the race lead with one stage to go. He's on the eve to possibly winning his first World Tour race.


"Franz the team guy who was on my radio doesn't normally get excited but at the half way he just lit up and I knew I was on a good time. At altitude you never go really deep and I just held it and when I crossed the line all the cameras were coming and stuff and I thought shit maybe I've done something good and next minute I'm wearing the yellow jersey. I think it's close enough that it could come down to sprint bonuses and it's not going to be a parade lap like we do in Madrid in the Vuelta, this is serious racing tomorrow and the boys have a big job."
- George Bennett










4 is more.





"It's been a different sprint today and a difficult sprint indeed but thanks to my team I managed to go back up and win one more stage. I'm now the Colombian with most stage victories at the Giro but it doesn't mean much. To me it means that I came to the Giro well prepared."
- Fernando Gaviria












Possibly the best cycling interview...







Comments