Friday File: Tourmalet, last ride with FRFuggitivi, On to new roads

King Kelly on the Tourmalet, 2010.






Friday File...

I've been away for a while on the road and re-locating to southern Ontario. It's been sudden, hectic but at least a smooth road trip across Canada. I'm still in the middle of a chaotic resettling and hope soon to ride the new roads. I'm finally watching and following the Tour de France, in fact, now watching the Stage 7 recap show. Tomorrow's stage 8 will be pretty special; riders will pass the Col du Tourmalet for the 85th time since it's first visit in 1910. The first ever mountain pass ridden in this great race. Cue in the fine photo of King Kelly (left) on the Tourmalet in 2010 (above).

The saddest part of the move is leaving my riding buddies of the FRFuggitivi. Here's two images from my last ride with special group to Stanley Park...



My honor to ride with you all...







Into the sunset...
between Dean & Phil.








On the road...
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
photo: Cycling Art


Comments