The parcours was for me







I'm very glad to watch most of the coverage of the Men's road race right up to the exciting finish. 

My favorite, Peter Sagan, didn't want it to go to a final sprint and instead attacked leaving the sprinters for seconds.



"Everybody had to be tired after 240km. I just ate all the gels that I had and I was waiting for the last cobblestone climb. I was full gas until the finish. If the group take me, I was tired for the sprint. I did one attack & it was the right attack."

- Peter Sagan




Forget all the second place finishes, forget everything the hard nose Oleg Tinkov said against you and that fall that put you out of the Vuelta. The Spring Classics are waiting and you'll be extra motivated  wearing the rainbow jersey!














His calm before his storm.







Libby Hill fan club.








photo BrakeThroughMedia






photo BrakeThroughMedia








Taking a gamble and it paid off!







A fan favorite and riders favorite...






The real thing...

1. Peter Sagan 
2. Michael Matthews 
3. Ramunas Navardauskas




















"Peter is the beast! Cycling without him would be different!"

- Oleg Tinkov




Comments